Sprains and strains can become immediately obvious or become more painful over time. These types of minor injuries will heal on their own over time. However, muscle pain from severe injuries or systemic disease is often serious and requires medical care.
Visit 217 Immediate Care if you have:
- Muscle pain that lasts longer than a week
- Signs of infection, such as redness and swelling, around a sore muscle
- Poor circulation and muscle pain in your legs
- Have sudden, severe muscle pain that doesn’t go away or that recurs every time you exercise
- Think you have a serious muscle strain or rupture